* 50 spots available, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Visit one of the most important coffee research centers in the world and take a first look into ongoing initiatives. For more than 80 years Cenicafé has been leading the way in breakthrough research to improve productivity and quality of Colombian coffee. With the growers as its primary audience, Cenicafé excels in the development of technologies that can be easily applied by small growers, taking into account geographic and climatic diversity.
Development of rust resistant varieties, origin identification technologies and genomic mapping are just some of the highlights of this 1 day field trip.
- Leave Armenia at 8am for a 1.5hr drive to Cenicafé in Chinchiná Caldas. Arrive back in Armenia at aproximately 6pm.
- Cost includes transportation, lunch and mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks.
- Fee: 75.00 USD/person
* 40 available, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Visit one of teh Colombian Coffee Growers Federation experimental farms. Participants will have the opportunity to review the productive process from seed germination to drying. In each productive station, some of the critical issues of production will be demonstrated. The trip will also include a cupping session of some of the regions’ best coffees.
*This is a great options for those who have and afternoon flight on Saturday as it is a half day excursion.
- Leave hotel at 8am for a 20 min drive to El Agrado. Arrive back in the hotel at approximately 12:30pm
- Cost includes transportation, and mid-morning snack.
- Fee: 40.00 USD/person